Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Meedio

• Please log in to reply

j4m3s

j4m3s

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi does anyone know what the actual title of a program such as meedio is and do they no of any similar programs?

Preferibly freeware, linux based, even better

Edited by j4m3s, 24 May 2006 - 05:34 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this the programme?

http://www.meedio.com/forum/

j4m3s

j4m3s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Yeah mate, thats it. Do you know of any similar things. Meedio is kinda of dieing atm and i'd rather use a diffrent one. I work for an intergrated structured cabeling solution. We also work in the area of networking, and setting up tv,audio and home cinema intergrated in cat5 or catE cable. Setting up these types of programes for home cinema type things is brill. So if you can recomend any similar products that be great

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Possibly a look through their forums may help, apparently Yahoo took it over, if it is on the way out, I expect the forum will have alternatives, if not post back

j4m3s

j4m3s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Perhaps i may have over look a solution but i had a browes through the forums and wasnt really able to find such things

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Your first post in this thread was the first I had heard of the programme, an outline of what it does would be helpful to anyone who may know where to look

j4m3s

j4m3s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
with meedio you can store movies in your pc, meedio would do a scan through your pc and if u include a photo of each movie title it will list the photos, you can click on the photos to find out info about the film or play it. It has a weather forcaster, dvd player, it list albums and songs also and has an audio player.

You can download loads of plugins for it also

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Sounds like a bog standard media player to me, Nero and even WMP11 do that kind of thing, powerdvd does it to a lesser extent, Nero home does everything you listed there. But its just a media player there are plenty of others, alot of the media center apps will also do it things like showshifter does most of what you want as well as far as i know about it.

Easy to find alternative, easier to find a collection of really good apps to do it all individually as well.

j4m3s

j4m3s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I don't think there quiet the same and i'm sure i'm not explaining it clearly. I'll upload afew screen dumps of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope that these screen dumps give you a better idea of the program.

you could at the time download plugins through meedio and change the diffrent interfaces yourself

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Looks VERY much like Nero Home or showshifter except they dont have the weather and they are bit more slick. Also looks like it works quite like WMP11, apart from the weather there is half a dozen apps that do that they arent all full screen like that, but it looks like a poor mans nero home.