Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

battery or laptop its self

• Please log in to reply

Dragon306

Dragon306

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
okay, strange situation here: my IBM Thinkpad 380XD's battery works perfect, holds like 45-50 minutes of charge, but for some odd reason the laptop will not power on under battery power. if i plug it in to power it on and then yank the plug, it is fine and works normal. if i put it in standby and revive it under battery power it works normal. but it simply will not power on from a state of being completely off under battery power alone, despite a good battery with full charge, etc.

is this a defective battery in some way, or is the laptop its self screwed up??

thanx!

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I've found 2 related trubleshooting articles in IBM's support site, power issues and power management issues. I couldn't seem to find the exact problem you'd described. So, if these articles don't solve your problem, I think you should consider IBM's technical support. Anyway, we will be happy if you share any developments with us :-).

Edited by Comnir, 24 May 2006 - 10:19 AM.