Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Word Problem

• Please log in to reply

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Well, my friend clicks and opens MS Word, but before it loads it justs shuts down his pc. I was thinking maybe a sytem error, but what can he do, he needs to hand in a presentation tommorow and asked for my help and i knew you guys rule at this sorta thing. So any advice/help?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is it possible to open any Office programme

Is Norton anti virus installed

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Not sure for either as huis phone went dead when i spoke. But i think he doesnt have norton, he may do. Also, he has only tried Word.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When offline, disable the anti virus programme then try Word, some AV programmes include an Office plug in which causes problems

All Office programmes have the option to click help then detect and repair, with restore shortcuts ticked, it would repair Office

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Thanks, i'll pass this info on.