Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start, Programs displays nothing!?!

• Please log in to reply

stucuk

stucuk

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Folks,

Well this one has puzzled me! I've got a laptop that seems fine, I've run a number of AV and AW programs on it and found nothing of any significance but when you click Start and Programs it displays nothing - yet if I right click and do Explore it quite happily opens Exlorer and shows me all the links that should be under Programs and they all appear to work fine. I've tried leaving the mouse over it for long periods but makes no difference, every combination of numbers of clicks but they will not show.

It would also appear that when I'm attached to the Internet despite everything looking great in terms of entering addresses, some delay and waving flags, etc. nothing displays in Internet Explorer - not a thing!

Ran Ewido, AdAware, AVG, SmitRem and others - nothing of any great importance. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers.

Regards, stucuk

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Have you tried dragging a program icon to your start>programs?

stucuk

stucuk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Yup, looks as though its worked perfectly. Click Programs - nothing! Argh!
Needs must so in the end I have done a Repair on it and that appears to have solved the problem and now my menus appear but very infuriating. Thanks for the thoughts though.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
You can change the response time for the start menu if that's what making you mad.