Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

cookies

• Please log in to reply

Guest_suzi_*

Guest_suzi_*
If cookies have been deleted is there any way of finding out what websites have been accessed?

Neighbour's children (aged 10 - 11) use the computer for homework as they don't have one. I think they are accessing adult only sites as the screen goes blank when I go into the room and some cookies have been deleted (I check the date and time of last update).

I don't want to ban them or cause a problem with their Mum without any evidence, but as it is my computer I do feel responsible for what they are accessing. I have tried talking to them about their homework projects but they seem a bit vague sometimes.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Stick this on your computer (assuming the kids use Internet Explorer as this software doesn't seem to work with Firefox):
http://www.k9webprotection.com/

You'll then be able to block websites on a per category basis and this software does work very well and of course it is free. As its your computer, its your rules.

You might also want to get some Internet Security on there as well if you don't have any already. Visiting a lot of adult sites means you often end up with viruses and what not on the system.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also...it may be in your best interest to move the computer to a public place in your house so that you can watch them when they're there (same if you have any kids of your own....kids should never be in a room that has a closable door and a computer in it)

Guest_suzi_*

Guest_suzi_*
Thanks dsenette,

We were thinking of perhaps moving it as our kids are getting older and will be using it soon for homework etc. I've downloaded the software Neil suggested so I'll see how it goes over the next week or two.

Thanks again.

suzi