Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A few questions about Crysis

• Please log in to reply

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
1 - Will you be able to run the game on dx9 cards?
2 - Is the game Windows XP compatible?
3 - Any ideas on when it is released?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
1. To an extent
2. "" ""
3. When its ready, wont matter until vista is out anyway.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Warrior translation:

1. No
2. No
3. Vista holds us in it's grasp for now

Haha, but I would highly doubt that DX9 could handle all that. If by "to an extent" you mean, it will run, even if at 4 FPS then I agree. I don't care how much it will all cost, for Crysis I'd give my left............................middle finger.

PS - That middle finger is my number hotkeys and W/S button finger, so that would be a tremendous loss :whistling:

Edited by BlackPandemic, 24 May 2006 - 07:40 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dx9L is the update to DX9 it should bring some of the Dx10 abilities it just isnt as big an effieciency boost as dx10, there is still alot of potential left in dx9 dx10 is almost premature in its release if it was commercial software.

It will have a dx9 mode just like dx9 games have a dx7 mode, it will look as good as it can in dx9 but obviously there are a few things 9 cant do that 10 can. It will be XP compatible just not in its full glory but it should run fairly well.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I know I should start another thread, but that seems like a waste at the moment, so I'll ask.

I also read something like if you get Vista and a DX10 card then you will need some sort of emulator to run previous DX versions? That sucks if it's true.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No itll work like all previous DX versions its all back compatible eg DX7 and 8 games work easily on 9, 10 wont be any different, i suppose it will have some elements of emulation but you wont notice it.