Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrading RAM

• Please log in to reply

MkLoe

MkLoe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
I am Looking to buy an extra 512MB of RAM.

I have a Dell 2.80GHz Pentium 4 processor with 512Mb already in it Windows XP

What would be a good practical RAM to buy that is under $100 and is compatible with my system

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
go to www.crucial.com and enter your system info..they will tell you what ram is compatable and sell it to you at a good price

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You dont need to purchase from crucial though, just pick the relevant info out(eg the spec of the fastest ram you can get) and check around see if you can pick it up cheap from one of the other quality memory suppliers which you usually can.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I would suggest Newegg because they have the best search tool for memory ever. You choose price ranges, frequency, how much, brand if you want and it narrows it down, phenomenal.

MkLoe

MkLoe

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
How do I check if it is compatible?

Edited by MkLoe, 28 February 2007 - 07:54 PM.