Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet speed

• Please log in to reply

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Well i got comcast 6mb internet and i want to know how to dl at its fullest speed and have it stay at that speed because atm im only getting around 300-400 kbps when im supposed to be getting 700-800 kbps and it drops rapidly also it starts at like 500 then decreases fast to like 210 how can i fix this?

Thx in advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would contact comcast and report the speeds that you're getting...also..remember that when you get a 6mb line...thats the max available..you're still technically sharing that pipe with everyone else in the neighborhood so if everyone in the hood is on...it will be a bit slower...but cable shouldn't drop that low...