Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bios upgrade

• Please log in to reply

psychonyx

psychonyx

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello geeks, I just recently built a system with an Asus P4V8x-MX motherboard, 3.4 GHZ Pentium 4 478 pin CPU, 1 gig of ram with windows XP pro OS. I followed all of the manufacturers instructions related to flashing the hard drive ( 1. use windows xp pro to format and create a bootable floppy disk, install from the motherboard cd afudos.exe file to the bootable floppy disk then from the manufactures web site, download most recent bios update, then install that to the floppy.) When all this is done reboot with floppy and at the A prompt type afudos / i[bios file name.rom] this should enable bios to start updating. In my case I get an error response: unable to open file :whistling: I have tried this procedure over and over again just to confirm that I am properly following the upgrade instructions to no avail, please help :blink:

Advertisements

psychonyx

psychonyx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
In my last post i said flashing the hard drive i meant Bios!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
its been awhile since I flashed my bios on a asus P4C800 E deluxe..but if memory serves there is something you have to download and update BEFORE flashing the bios...I cant remember what it was but there were warnings about useing the newest bios without installing whatever it was...you should go back to their site and READ carefully in the update section for your motherboard...I fought with mine until I got the part that went in first...then it went well...sorry I cant remember more..its been to long ago