Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP media center wont boot

• Please log in to reply

ang27871

ang27871

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
today, my maintenance guys shut off my power and i think the computer was on. I was not home, my dad let them in. so when i went to turn on the computer it wont boot. I have it on a power surge plug thingy, so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. it lets me get into the setup, but wont let me boot in safe mode by pressing f8, will not even take the recovery disks...it keeps saying non-system disk or disk error. my AVG runs everyday and my spyware didn't find anything recently. i wasn't have any problems with it the start up. can anyone try to help me boot the computer, at least in safe mode so we can fingure out the problem? or even to recover it, i have the CD but it's not registering. i changed the boot to CD Rom and that didn't make a difference. is there anything else i can do?
thanks,
angie

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you keep tapping F8 until it showed options

ang27871

ang27871

• Topic Starter