Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

safemode problems

• Please log in to reply

racketballgod

racketballgod

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am having trouble getting to safeboot using the f8 prompt. My computer got some kind of spyware called "spyfalcon" and it has loaded a security bar on my IE and continues to redirect my home page, I just renewed my Norton last week also, and it didn't seem to be able to stop this. It just came up and stated a virus was detected, but it didnt' take any action apparently. I have tried to remove it with Ewido, Cleanup, AD-ware SE and Norton itself, but none have gotten rid of it. I have tried to go to safemode but the computer will not boot up with the f8 key. It just flashes the safemode options screen and goes right to the normal startup sequence. Any ideas??

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi racketballgod!

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

Fenor

racketballgod

racketballgod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I was actually trying those steps, and that it where the problem came up. It had me update all the programs and then go to safemode. However I can't get to safemode. I am also not sure what a hijack this log is. Thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please post your problems in a topic in the malware forum and the experts there will be able to walk you through what you have to do. They are very good at what they do.

Fenor

racketballgod

racketballgod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the help. will do.