Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
VPR/MATRIX
1024 ram
TI-4400
psu 300w

I want to upgrade my graphics card to play BF2. My current system played HL2 surprising well. I have an AGP set up. Looking to spend $200. I checked cards on new egg. I see that some specs for certain cards say minimum of 300w psu. I then read the reviews and people post that they need more power when they are running similar set up that I have. I am a Noob. I dont want to replace by current power supply. I only want to upgrade my graphics card.

Can anyone suggest a card that will run with my above listed specs. I have looked at the gforce 6600, 6600LE and radeon X1300. But dont know if I can run them.

Thank you

Edited by ELECTRIC WIZARD, 25 May 2006 - 06:36 AM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there ELECTRIC WIZARD, welcome To Geeks To Go Forums.

I dont quite understand your question, do you want to upgrade your graphics card? What graphics card do you have now and what graphics card do you have in mind of buying?

Cool :whistling:

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I edited my question, so i hope all that you need is there to answer it.

thanks

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again ELECTRIC WIZARD, sorry for the late reply.

A "nVidia GeForce 6600LE 256MB AGP Video Card with TV-Out" would work great when playing BF2. I used my 5200FX and BF2 worked alright, just I had to set the settings to low. You going to pay +- 100$. If you are looking to spend 200$ you can get a better graphics card than the 6600LE.

Cool, I hope my information helped you out a bit more. :whistling:

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Spike

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering if I will have enough power to run the card. I read on newegg that a separate power dungle maybe needed. The only upgrade I have done was install more ram. I am somewhat afraid of messing with the power cables inside the computer. I just want to plug in the card. Maybe I should take it to compusa for a $29 install.

Whats your opinion.