Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorite, turn to all the time, computer reference books

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Just got done digging through a reference book to help a user and it occurs to me that there are a handful of books that sit on my top shelf that I use constantly, wondering if others have similar favorites.

here are some of the ones I consider indispensible (in no particular order):

Microsoft® Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA by John Walkenbach

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit, Third Edition by Charlie Russel

Microsoft Windows Command-Line Administrator's Pocket Consultant by William R. Stanek

Microsoft Windows Internals, Fourth Edition: Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 by Mark E. Russinovich, David A. Solomon

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ye i got a few:

The practical guide to the ICDL (International Computer Drivers Licence) - Microsoft XP By Christine du Toit & Suzie van der Merwe

Sybex Visual Basic 6 Complete By Gary Masters

I will post the others later got to look for them, I dont use these books all the time but... When I need them they are great to look through.

Cool :whistling: