Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Problem

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I was playing Oblivion last night and after stopping for a moment, I realized that the sound was coming out predominantly on the left side (louder on the left than right). So I took off my headphones and switched the sound to speakers, same thing. I thought my headset got jarred one too many times but when it happened to my speakers as well I got worried.

Sound does come out on the right side, just a little more muffled and quieter than the left. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Check the connections and look to see if Windows has been set to only output sound on the left in the Volume Control (double click the little grey speaker down by the clock).

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to the control panel and find your sound device and look around and see if you can adjust the left and speaker volume controls

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
This forum can be locked- I regretted to mention I use a multimedia switch that allows me to switch between speakers and headset without reaching behind my computer. Luckily, I had another spare, replaced that and it worked.