Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth Gaming Mouse

• Please log in to reply

Tornel

Tornel

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I've looked high and low for such a creature. I've found plenty that use the USB reciever but thats not what I need. I had a cheapo logitech wireless mouse with the USB reciever and it worked great, but I wound up breaking the receiver on accident. So basically I want a mouse that has decent dpi(1600 or better) that uses Bluetooth so that I don't have to worry about breaking any recievers when I forget it's there and move my laptop.
Thanks

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
they make usb wireless that don't have the standard recievers. I think it is logitech that makes one that has reciever like a jump drive. I don't see how bluetooth would stop you from breaking the reciever over wireless. If anything the wireless receiver could be moved pretty far away from the laptop to prevent breaking it. I use a microsoft mouse with my laptop and the receiver is on a shelf away from my laptop and it works fine. I also don't have to worry about breaking it.

Tornel

Tornel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
You misunderstood me(easy enouch since I didn't explain it clearly :whistling:). My laptop has an internal bluetooth card, so I wouldn't need a reciever at all. The mouse that I broke the reciever on had a receiver the size of a flash drive that just plugged in. When I would move my laptop around I would forget it was there and lay it down on a table or something sideways and it would bend it. After several times of this abuse it finally broke the connections on the receiver and is now useless. So you can understand why a bluetooth mouse would help me out since it would have no external reviever required.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
well i don't know of a gaming mouse made with bluetooth. microsoft makes a pretty good bluetooth mouse (not designed for gaming though)
i would check out newegg.com and tigerdirect.com