Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With Sound Card Drivers

• Please log in to reply

02rja

02rja

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hey

I have just got myself a new computer. I swapped the hard drives from my old on into this one and everything works great except no sound.

I know the sound card works because it did with the old HDDs in. Windows "add new hardware wizard" cannot detect the drivers for "multimedia audio controller" and "PCI Input Device," and yellow ? marks come up in the device manager.

I can't find the drivers on the internet but it would be great if someone else could, or someone could help me.

Im pretty sure that the sound should be coming out of the card, its quite a good one, a SoundBlaster, im not sure what type.

If anyone can helo that would be great :whistling:

Also... When trying to play sound through WMP, an error message appears, so i knopw it's not a problem with the speakers

Cheers!

Rollo

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you would need to go to the manufacturer's website (make of the card) and get the drivers there...you'd need to know what model card it is...unless this is a prebuilt computer (like a dell...though dells don't use SB cards much)..and it's the original sound card...then you could try that website and see if you can get the drivers there

02rja

02rja

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Thanks, Im not sure what sound card i have though, and how to find it out. I guess i could look at it by taking apart my pc

If you could tell me that would be great.

I have attached my full system specs

cheers

(BTW, its not a prebuilt computer)

Attached Files

Edited by 02rja, 25 May 2006 - 12:35 PM.

02rja

02rja

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

RESOLVED

I managed to find the drivers by removing the sound card to see what it was.

turns out it is a crative soundblaser Audigy LS

Thanks for the tips

:whistling: