Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application uninstall error

• Please log in to reply

helpneededplease

helpneededplease

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

I am having some trouble uninstalling a few apps and games. When I go to control panel > Add/remove programs and try to uninstall a game or app, it says "Cannot open install.log file".

What is the problem? I have scanned for malware, viruses etc and found nothing. I tried to remove it with the game CD but still no luck. I even reinstalled the apps, but no luck.

Please help me. they take up so much space and i need to get rid of them quick!!!

thanks in advance!!! :whistling: :blink:

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
try to delete the programs/games from C:>program files>.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

try to delete the programs/games from C:>program files>.

don't do that....you may end up leaving remnants of the software in your registry...

can you try uninstalling the apps in safe mode?

helpneededplease

helpneededplease

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried removing them in Safe Mode just now, still no luck. I get the same error message.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Download and run Killbox (you can find a link in my signature). Brouse for the item that you want to remove, mark it and click OK. It should show up in the window "Full path .... ". Click on "delete on reboot". Click the red X. Follow the instructions. repeat the process for every item. I hope this will work.

Download install and run CCleaner (in my signature). Run the cleaner few times, if necessary, to remove all unnecessary files. Run "issues" few times until no issues found. Defragment your disk.

helpneededplease

helpneededplease

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It worked! it's gone. thank you very much!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know.