Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Intel's Conroe cpu spanks AMD FX-62.

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
http://www.hexus.net...m.php?item=5692

The New to come Intel conroe cpu beats the fx-62 pretty bad overall. I knew this was going to happen if you read my thread a couple weeks back stating the conroe vs the fx-60.

On the benchmark tests the conroe pc only had 1gb of ram on the Intel Core 2 Duo (Conroe) E6600 and E6700, 2 different cpu speeds on each of those.

On the fx-62 pc they gave it 2gb of ram, which is more than all the other benchmarked pc's.

**Now** does the AMD guys stay with amd now or will you go towards or try the new Conroe chip when it comes out???

My opinion, im going to try out the Conroe cpu the benchmarks do not lie and its cheaper than the fx-62 is going to be. Its half the price i think.

Edited by jrm20, 25 May 2006 - 05:21 PM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
*Another thing*

The conroe chip is a gamers processor, Intel finally turned their butts around and doing the right thing.

Im anxious to see what others have to say about this new cpu. Im gonna try and save up for one but on the other hand I really dont need a new pc LOL.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Looks like a good chip, the only reason i might not get one is the intel mobos ive never really liked to much, i miss my nforce board and all its easy to see common sense features and documentation. The intel nforce boards were never as good. But thats probably just me, also itll drive down AMD prices so unless conroe is really cheap they might lose out to the older 939s as they become affordable, because face it who buys an fx-62 or even an fx CPU not alot of people at all. Its the normal athlon range they get the money and if they can get the toledos down lower than conroe they will sell because there is alot of people on 939 and AM2 doesnt give anything really performance wise apart from cheaper memory and lower power cpus.

Youre also a couple of weeks behind on that one, caught it on digg a while back but thanks for the thought, you should get the digg RSS its good for that stuff.

Edited by warriorscot, 25 May 2006 - 04:14 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
ya well I thought it was good news because that article came out on the 23rd of may.

I already knew about the conroe vs the fx-60 a few weeks back.

This one I though was better news because its conroe vs fx-62.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nah that article has been about a while, it must have been leaked because there has been quotes from it for at least a week and a half going around on forums.