Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 07

• Please log in to reply

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Has anyone installed and used the beta of Office 07. I downloaded but i don't want to unstill 03 just to find out the beta isn't stable of it sucks. Any opinions about it would be appreciated.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive used it a little its pretty good, its just installed as an upgrade to 03 should be easy to roll it back or just reinstall 03, but yeah i like it nice UI changes sets it apart from its competitors and makes it easy to use, it has a general feel of looking like it would be more touch screen freindly.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I'm not a big fan of M$ Office, but I was intruiged with the new interface. I'm writing a full review on it right now. I might post it here when I'm done.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It does what is says on the tin so thats enough for me to use it, that and we can only use office for uni, although the fact its now alot nicer than OO is a boost.

Although when writing a review keep in mind its a beta and not a full piece of software.

yurimxpxman

yurimxpxman

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

It does what is says on the tin so thats enough for me to use it, that and we can only use office for uni, although the fact its now alot nicer than OO is a boost.

Although when writing a review keep in mind its a beta and not a full piece of software.

Yes, I am keeping that in mind. But so far, it doesn't look like I have much to blame on its beta stage. The ribbon is an excellent and easy-to-use interface (after one grows accustomed to it).

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah took a bit for me to figure out where the [bleep] the options were but once i did i really liked the idea as it keeps it out the way, the space utilisation is much better and it has a much friendlier look to it, easier on the eyes really which is important on something that you have to work with all the time.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
thanks for the input. I think I will go ahead and install now.