Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 line out ports not working on X-fi Sound Card

• Please log in to reply

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
There are 3 line-out ports on my X-Fi extreme music sound card. But only the first one works. Anyone got any ideas what could be causeing the other 2 not to work? When I plug either my speakers or headphones into either of the other two, there is no sound. I called up creative support and the guy told me to try installing the card into a different pci slot. I tried that, didn't help. He also said I could try reinstalling the driver. I don't really know how that would help as just installed the card on monday, and before I installed the card I uninstalled my onboard audio drivers, disabled my onboard audio in my bios, and installed my sound card. I also made sure I had the latest version of quicktime because I read there can be conflicts with old versions. I think I did everything right, but I can't figure out why the other 2 line-out ports aren't working. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
this is a new card ...so follow all the instructions that creative support tell you and at the end of the day if they cant solve the problems they will RMA the card...you have tried the speakers in another system to make sure they work ..right

Edited by happyrck, 26 May 2006 - 10:35 AM.

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
yes the speakers work... I made a post on Creative's forum.
http://forums.creati...id=63460#M63460
So does it make sense that line out ports 2 and 3 only work with 4.1 + speakers?

I want to hook up both my headphones and speakers at the same time.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Are you sure you haven't plugged the speakers/headphones into the mic. port?

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
positively sure. I have my mic plugged in and it works.