* the desktop icons have become unclickable
* the start button does not pop-up the menu items like it is supposed to
* <right-click> and click "explore" does not show files w/in the folders ( does count objects though )
-- shows either a red-X in the upperleft corner and/or %THISDIRNAME%
-- folders that DO open from the desktop are empty except for space used & object count
* My Computer icon has been "renamed" "folder"
* My Computer icon at bottom-right of folder window opens to "Internet Security Properties"
* I can only shut down by the "3-finger salute" and ending "explorer" which gives me the shutdown options
Was wondering / thinking it is a major virus and/or Java just pooped all over itself on the PC.
I would appreciate any / all help. Please e-mail me at my e-mail address: e-mail address removed so I can try and apply suggestions.
You should never post your e-mail address in open forum...you may end up with much more mail than you were expecting...wannabe1