Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Cooling" the computer....

• Please log in to reply

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Hello. Ok...I recently got a ceiling fan in my room. Now my room is upstairs and like it's way more warmer up here then it is downstairs and I HATE IT! I wish it wasn't and it really shouldn't!....But ok, I thought when I have the ceiling fan on, it could help the computer cool better in a way....yet, the temperature of the computer goes up and the rpm of like any fan goes up....it annoys me, and I wish it wouldn't do that and think it really shouldn't..because don't people if they need to put a portable fan by the computer to help cool it? Warriorscot, you don't gotta respond lol, since you already told me stuff about it :blink:...But if I could hear from other people too, that'd be great! I read what you said warriorscot too :whistling:

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the ceiling fan would probably hurt more than help...hot air rises..leave it..the hot air up there...if your case allows it...put a 120mm fan ( they turn slower and are quieter ) in the front of the case and have it pull in air over your hard drive and it will hep the exaust fans in getting more air thru the case....the other option is not for the faint of heart..water cooling...its both expensive and putting water in close proximity to delicate electronics has the potential to be a shocking experience for both equipment and operator

pomp

pomp

the man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Ok..and it's bad. When we have the A/C on im my house...nothing comes out of my duct :whistling:. The line must be disconnected somehow in teh crawl space! ahh, I hate how my room feeels lol..My brothers going in the crawl space today, to check it out.