Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Routers/Wireless and Wired

• Please log in to reply

A. J.

A. J.

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Here is the scenario. I have an Enterasys router as my direct connect from USLEC. From there I have a linksys 24 port switch. Plugged into the switch is a wrt54g with Ip address 207.59.35.10 and NAT switches it to 192.168.2.1. It is my gateway for all internet traffic for my 30 users. I have been tasked with setting a secure VPN with the California Office so I purchased a befsx41 Router to match the router presently in California. I plugged in the router into the same switch as the wrt54g and made the IP 207.59.35.11 and the Nat 192.168.1.1. The public block of IP addresses from USLEC is fine. We are only using 2 of the 8 public ip addresses. When I plug the new router in I can plug a laptop into the data port on the befsx41 and get out on the internet fine. From the administration/diagnostic link on the linksys befsx41 I cannot ping the wrt54g at 192.168.2.1 or 207.59.35.10. The only way that I can make the two router see each other is to physically connect them and change the IP on the befsx41 to be on the .2 subnet which defeats my purpose for wanting to have a different subnet for VPN access and Webhosting on the 192.168.1.1 subnet. Why will they not work together?

I have tried to setup static routing to no avail. I setup the routing to have the 1.0 subnet talk to the 2.0 subnet. Nothing!!!

Help!!

Advertisements