Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking ATi Mobility Radeon x300 + Monitoring temperatures

• Please log in to reply

happy-and-lost

happy-and-lost

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well, first off, my laptop specs...

Dell Inspiron 6000
XP Pro
1.73Ghz Pentium M
1GB RAM
ATi Mobility Radeon x300 64MB

Basically, I want this machine to be capable of playing Black & White 2 without the enormous lag it's suffering from now. Yes, it exceeds all hardware recommendations other than Graphics, where it only meets minimum, meaning slow gameplay.

I'm a newbie to this whole "overclocking" thing which I've read about. I've found something called "ATITool", which can overclock my graphics card, but I'd like some advice on using it safely before I give it a go.

Also, where can I find a tool for monitoring the operating temperature of my laptop, and a guide as to what the ideal is?

Thanks much! :whistling:

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you may be able to use motherboard monitor to keep tabs on your system...it may not support your MB

http://www.pcworld.c...,RSS,RSS,00.asp

I dont think you can overclock a laptop...they are designed to do just the opposite of what you would need to do to OC it...might be wrong but from what I know about laptops...you will just have to make do until you can buy one of the $3000.00 desktop replacement laptops :whistling: