Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Search Engine Optimize

• Please log in to reply

johnykit

johnykit

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Good day all, I am looking for some help getting my site search engine friendly. I would like my site to appear on Google, MSN, Yahoo and more. Can some one please help?

Advertisements

carelwen

carelwen

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Good day all, I am looking for some help getting my site search engine friendly. I would like my site to appear on Google, MSN, Yahoo and more. Can some one please help?

you email to Google,MSN,Yahoo and more ,server ,ask them.
in you site you have to use the fonts in your webpages ,don't use the image much.

plz,try it.good luck.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
1) Search Engine Placement Tips

2) Web Site Design Guidelines

3) Making Your Site Search Engine Friendly

There's more and you can use the right keywords and Google for more.

Ron

johnykit

johnykit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I don't have much graphics on the site. I have followed some guidelines, to add <h1>... bold, and others.

What I am not sure is what do you mean by email Google, MSN, Yahoo and other servers?
I am not sure, could you explain that a little bit better?

Thanks!

tschrock

tschrock

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Optimizing your website so search engines find it is one thing. Optimizing your website so search engines rank it highly is another altogether.

First, 80% of all web searches go through Google, so they should be your primary concern. The first step is to submit your URL to Google so they know it is there.

Next, you will need to have meta tags on all of your web pages. Meta tags are too complicated to explain in detail here, but some web searches could turn up some detailed info for you. Here is an example:

Say you had a tutorial on removing Removed and you wanted to get it into Google. Lets say the URL for your tutorial is Removed Link. Your meta tags for that tutorial page would look like this:

<TITLE>Removed </TITLE>
<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="Removed ">
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="This tutorial will show you how completely remove Removed from your Windows 2000/XP computer.">
<META NAME="rating" CONTENT="General">
<META NAME="revisit-after" CONTENT="1 days">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="ALL">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

The Title section is what is displayed at the top of the browser window (this window's title is Geeks to Go! ->).

The keywords section tells the search engine to return your web page when certain keywords are searched for. Try to keep this to 10 words or less. More is not better here.

The Description section is what the search engine will print on the screen in the search results window when a someone searches. For example, if I go to Google and type in Removed, under Removed the description from my meta tag would appear. This is your opportunity to encourage people to click on your link. Word this carefully.

Leave the rating, robots, and revisit-after alone.

Once you have added your meta tags, you need are ready to compete! It can take Google anywhere from 24 hours to several weeks to find your website, and repeated submissions to their system does not help. Good luck!

Edited by ScHwErV, 08 June 2006 - 11:25 AM.

johnykit

johnykit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
thank you, I guess my question is how do I optimize the site?

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
doesn't google ignore meta tags?

tschrock

tschrock

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
No, not at all! As evidence, I added Removed to Google's index last week. IN the meta-tags on that page under description i wrote:

"This tutorial will show you how Removed from your computer."

If you do a Removed you will see that result 4 is the URL from above, and the description Google shows for it is exactly the same as the description I placed in the meta tags.

While Google does not ignore meta tags, they do rank other factors more highly than they do meta tags. There are hundreds of factors that go into the rank of a URL including keyword density, length of URL registration, IP Address of the server where the URL is hosted, and the number of backlinks to a given page.

johnykit

johnykit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
So, all I have to do is what you showed above that would optimize me for a google search? Or would I have to do something else?
Check the site I worked on for my Dad:

http://metroforcesecurity.com

They only way I'll get a result is if I type Metro Force Security, why can't I just type Security Services in Miami or something and get me on at least the first page?

While at it, you could comment on the site as well!

Edited by johnykit, 07 June 2006 - 08:21 AM.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
SEO is not getting your site on a search engine's index, it's getting the highest ranking possible. ranking is determined by keyword density, the number of links TO your page from other sites (and the ranking of the sites linking to you (link quality)), and those h1, p things mentioned early in the discussion

Advertisements

johnykit

johnykit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
What will get me on the search engine's index?

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
http://www.google.co...ontinue=/addurl :whistling:

for other search engines, just do a seach with words like search engine submit

johnykit

johnykit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have already submit my site to Google, MSN, Yahoo and others. Ok, just do a Search on Google for Metro Force Security and You'll see me. I am already index, my thing is that I not sure how to optimize the site to get result when someone type words like Security services, or Security Officers or security company. I have these as my keywords.

So, how do I optimize.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
you have to use those words as much as u can (keyword density). ohohhoh i just remembered a good article in wikipedia.org on seo, you should look at it for the white-hat and black-hat methods of optimization.

johnykit

johnykit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I went on the site I wasn't able to find the article.