Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAID-controller

• Please log in to reply

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Device manager shows a yellow ! and a yellow ? next to RAID-controller. When I delete it from device manager and reboot, windows is not able to find a correct driver for it. It remains in device manager with a yellow ! and a yellow ?.

This machine has one 40 GB hd. That's it. I don't use the RAID-controller but I would like to know why it's showing up with yellow ! and ? in my device manager. I would like to showing up normal in my device manager.

Could anyone help me with this?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi emery!

The reason it's showing up with the yellow exclamation/question mark is becuase the drivers are not installed for the RAID controller. Is your computer a prebuilt computer from like Dell or HP? Or did you make it yourself? if it's a prebuilt, please let me know the make and model number, like Dell Optiplex GX260 for example. If you built it yourself, then please give me the model number for the motherboard.

If it's not a prebuilt computer, meaning you put it together yourself, or had a friend or local computer shop build it for you, then please download install and run Everest Home Edition, which you can download using the link in my signature. Once you have it running, click on REPORT and the Report Wizard should run. When you come to the REPORT PROFILES page of the wizard, make sure you have radio button next to System Summary Only selected. Then click NEXT, you can leave HTML selected and click FINISH. The report will then be generated and a new window will appear. In this new window that appears, click SAVE TO FILE and save the report as REPORT.HTM somewhere on your computer where you will remember its location. Please ATTACH this file to your reply.

Fenor

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
The yellow icon means that the RAID driver has not been found and loaded. As long as you don't need RAID functionality you will be fine. Your computer should have come with a drivers disc CD. The RAID driver is located there.

emery

emery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Fenor,

I built this machine myself. The model/brand number for my motherboard is: ASRock K7VT4A Pro.

Sorry for the report being dutch.

Attached Files

Edited by emery, 27 May 2006 - 05:17 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can download your SATA/RAID driver from HERE.

Fenor

emery

emery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Fenor,

thanks for your help. the yellow ! and ? are out of device manager.

Thanks again.

em.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad I could help. :whistling:

Fenor

DuncanWilkie

DuncanWilkie

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Same problem, here's my:
Report file.

Attached Files

Edited by DuncanWilkie, 28 May 2006 - 09:44 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
DuncanWilkie:

Please start a new topic for your problem.

Fenor

startechie

startechie

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
you can allso just tun it off in the BIOS. when turned off it wont show up in device manager anymore. no reason to install the driver if your not useing it.

mosox

mosox

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, everyone,

I have the same problem as emery had. My report is here. Can I use the same driver (the link provided by Fenor ?)

Thanks.

Attached Files