Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound

• Please log in to reply

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I listened to a song earlier and everything was fine. Now a coujple hours later I went to listen to some more music and no sound is coming out of the computer at all. At first I thought it was the speakers but I plugged in headphones and it still isn't working. There is no sound coming out and I have no idea why, menaing I have no idea where to even begin to try and fix this. Does anyone have a clue?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Wuz up Pianoman16, check to see if all your sound setting are correct.

Open your media player and make sure the sound is not muted or on low.

Then goto:
> Start
> Control Panel
> Sound and Audio Devices

Once again make sure the "Mute" is unselected and that the volume is "High". Try restarting the computer and also try playing other music files.

Let me know what happends from there, Cool :whistling:

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I've already tried that. I checkec to make sure it wasn't muted or low. I tried restarting, using diffrent music, and unplugging the speakers and plugging them back in. Nothing happened with any of them.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok, now try un-installing your sound card-drivers and re-installing them.

Cool :whistling:

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
How do I do that?... also I just noticed that the power light on the speakers is off even though its plugged in. As far as I know the light was still on when I first noticed the problem but now it's not.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Well, make sure the speakers power is working and then do you know what sound card you have??? If you do not know your sound card let me know and I will give you futher instructions on how to aquire that information.

Cool :whistling:

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I got it.. thanks for all the help. :-)