Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking an Intel Pentium D 920 2.8GHz Dual Core

• Please log in to reply

Casheti v2.0

Casheti v2.0

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an ASUS P5LP-LE motheboard and an Intel Pentium D 920 2.8GHz Dual Core processor, and was wondering how to oveclock it. I have tried endlesly, no software supports my MOBO, cant find anything to flash the BIOS with etc. Ive been told its hopeless, but some people have done it apparently. I somebody gave me the solution and it worked, I WOULD LOVE THEM FOREVER!! (Unless they were a man, in which case I would like them forver) THANK YOU!

P.S (I entered the wrong email address while registering, how do I change it?)

Edited by Casheti v2.0, 26 May 2006 - 04:05 PM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
double post oops...

Edited by jrm20, 26 May 2006 - 04:39 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I have an ASUS P5LP-LE motheboard and an Intel Pentium D 920 2.8GHz Dual Core processor, and was wondering how to oveclock it. I have tried endlesly, no software supports my MOBO, cant find anything to flash the BIOS with etc. Ive been told its hopeless, but some people have done it apparently. I somebody gave me the solution and it worked, I WOULD LOVE THEM FOREVER!! (Unless they were a man, in which case I would like them forver) THANK YOU!

P.S (I entered the wrong email address while registering, how do I change it?)

Well you can overclock your processor by upping the front side bus in the bios.

Go into your bios and look for some type of overclocking function to up the fsb.

Start off by small ammounts and if you have stock cooling its not a good idea to go that much up.

Since you have dual 2.8ghz try 2.9ghz first for example and take note of your temperatures and see that they are okay. Also check to make shure that the system doesnt hang up at all. 100mhz is nothing on a system but if you dont have overclocking memory then you wont be able to get much overclocking at all...

Dont automatically up it to 3.4 ghz thats a bad idea especially on stock cooling and your system will probably not boot up into windows then you will have to clear the cmos jumpers to get it to go back into windows.

SO try 2.9ghz first then 3.0ghz and see how it goes. I wouldn't do anymore than 3.0ghz on stock cooling and remember to look at your temperatures.

try searching in google for overclocking help or either look on this website in the overclocking thread.

Remember you are responsible for your actions and dont overclock unless you know what you are doing or have a good idea of what your doing.

Edited by jrm20, 26 May 2006 - 04:38 PM.