Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games Not Working

• Please log in to reply

Yetimaster55

Yetimaster55

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I downloaded lastest drivers to play Rome Total War (NVIDIA GeforceMx) and now whenever i play that or Star Wars Empire at War the screen goes multicolor and everything is mishaped. With Rome Total War the error message says it cannot create the game font.

Is there anyway for me to fix/get rid of the new drivers i downloaded :whistling:

I dont know much about computers, thus the reason i came here for help any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be willing to get a new video card as well so if i need to get a new one advice would be greatly appreciated (

If you want to see my computers specs to see if i downloaded the wrong video driver i have an Emachine T3025

I might have dowloaded the wrong drivers, maybe for the wrong thing (Im not sure what i have), the latest ones

So please help if there is a way to fix this, i screwed up.

Edited by Yetimaster55, 26 May 2006 - 07:06 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello yetimaster55 and welcome to G2G!

The latest drivers for your Nvidia Geforce 4 (that's the one that was factory supplied) are located here. Make sure you uninstall the existing drivers before you install the new ones.

Yetimaster55

Yetimaster55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The ones you gave me Zeus are exactly the ones i downloaded before. The ones that won't allow me to play certain games

I might have maybe messed something up.

I uninstalled the drivers then downloaded the new ones, i did what the driver instalation hint document said to do. Then i downloaded the new ones.

Some other games like Call of Duty 1 and Knights of The Old Republic still work though.

I laughed hysterically though when i started Empires at War with those new drivers i downloaded, star destroyers looked like flying pizza boxes.

Edited by Yetimaster55, 27 May 2006 - 08:42 AM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Well it seems like this is a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If things worked fine before downloading the drivers, then just uninstall them. You don't NEED the latest drivers unless you updated your hardware or a game 'requires' them. Otherwise you're fine.

Yetimaster55

Yetimaster55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
(This question is so i dont screw my comp even more)

So how do i uninstall the drivers i downloaded..........................................................yea im that stupid :whistling:

Edited by Yetimaster55, 27 May 2006 - 01:32 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You can uninstall the drivers via add/remove programs in control panel.