Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 4000 Bad Request

• Please log in to reply

Misty M

Misty M

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I keep getting this page when I try to log onto an msn group site:

aol error 400 Bad Request.

My computer keeps freezing up whenever I try to open IE, I also use Firefox and everything seems fine with that.

Does anyone know what this is? Do I have a virus?

Thanks,

Misty M (Vancouver)

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
You probably don't have a virus.

You can try a simple procedure to reinstall IE:

Click "Start", then "Search", select "All Files and Folders". Select "More Advanced Options" and place a checkmark beside the "Search Hidden Files and Folders" option. Ensure that "Search System Folders" and "Search Subfolders" are also checked.

In the "All or Part of the File Name" box, type ie.inf and in the "Look In" drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder. Click the Search button.

In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder. Right click the ie.inf file and click "Install" on the context menu. Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

Misty M

Misty M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thank You!!

One more question before I do as you suggest. Do I need to have a CD to to this? My PC came with Windows XP Pro already installed & I don't have the CD.

Don't want to do anything til I know that, sorry should have clarified that in the beginning.

Thanks again,

Misty M Vancuver

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Oops :whistling: I should have mentioned this before. This does require an XP installation disc.

If you are running XP Home, see if you can beg, borrow or steal a copy of Home, or if Pro then one of that. No validation is needed for this procedure.

Edited by WinCrazy, 27 May 2006 - 09:42 AM.

Misty M

Misty M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi again,

I just found out the site I was trying to access has been down. I don't have a problem after all.

Thanks for your help & my apologies for my mistake. :whistling:

Sorry about that,

Misty M Vancouver

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Thanks for letting everyone know.