Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE extremely slow

• Please log in to reply

audreylee24

audreylee24

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,
I am having serios problems, I have cox high speed and just recently it started taking forever to load a page, it took me like 10 min just to register and get to here! I constantly clear internet cache and temp files, I have never had this problem before, where do I start?
THANK YOU

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there audreylee24, welcome to Geeks To Go Support Forums.

Have you loaded any programs that could conflict with the internet. Are you running a firewall and are you sure there is no updates running in on the backround for your anti-virus or other programs.

Try disableing your firewall and let me know what happends, also answer the other questions. This maybe malware related.

Sorry, also what browser are you using? Try downloading and installing a different one and let me know if that works any diffferent.

Cool :whistling:

audreylee24

audreylee24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i am using internet explorer 6.0. The only program i have installed recently is Acoustica MP3 CD Burner so that I could burn mp3's and that seems to work just fine. i am not sure i hnow what you mean when you say, " no updates running in on the backround for your anti-virus or other programs."
oh yeah is it safe to turn the firewall off?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there again audreylee24.

Ok, download Firefox and try see if there is a difference.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

No updates running in on the backround for your anti-virus or other programs.

What I mean by this is "Are there any updates taking place???" (But... You dont have to worry about this step)

is it safe to turn the firewall off

For now it is, just try disable it to see if there is any difference and then re-enable it.

Cool :whistling:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Sorry double post, I hate when I have to use a 115kb. :whistling:

Sorry... Follow the instructions in the post above. :blink:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 27 May 2006 - 03:09 AM.