Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice

• Please log in to reply

Project X

Project X

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have been using Adaware as my spy killer. I'm not to sure I'm happy with it. It seems to miss allot of adware. I was thinking about gettng Spy Sweeper. What is a very good Spyware killer software?

John

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Adaware is a scanner. You must run a scan to find adware/malware and it stops working when you are finished with it.

The best defense is to use a cocktail of multiple programs to avoid malware. This is what you need:

- A single good antivirus. Can use AVG or Avast; both are excellent and free.

- A single good firewall. The Windows firewall is substandard. Can use ZoneAlarm or Outpost or one of any number of other free firewalls.

- A few good (free) anti-malware programs. I use SpywareGuard, Spyware Blaster and Startup Inspector. All the programs are "active", meaning they are always running and protecting.

Both Symantec/Norton and McAfee programs are highly over-rated and are resource hogs. You are better off not using either for the free antivirus programs.

Project X

Project X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
TYVM, Ill try using the same. :whistling:

John

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
tune up utilities.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The best advice I've found has been posted in the Malware section by Admin :whistling: :

How to Remove Malware Guides

Read these cafefully and you'll note there is even a link to malware programs to avoid guide.

This forum CAN help you, just have to know where to find stuff. :blink:

Ron

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
also Clean up!.

first scan it cleaned 1 GB off my hd.

EDIT:

sorry for not staying on the topic.

Edited by emery, 27 May 2006 - 09:48 AM.