Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD:UO Mac: Can't download maps

• Please log in to reply

The Stranger

The Stranger

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is a recurent problem and I don't know how to solve it. I have been playing COD:UO on the Mac for a while. Usually it goes well. I have the 1.51 patch installed. I just upgraded to a G5 dual 2Gigs and installed the game. But now, it will not download custom maps. It looks like it is doing it, but there is no progression on the download (it stays at 0%).

Before on the G4 I had that problem. I don't know how it got solved (maybe when I put it on a different disc?). At some point, it was downloading maps, but not saving them on the disc. After a while, it did save them but download was slow. Then all of a sudden, it is like I put the G4 on steroids, Downloads were blazingly fast.

Now that I put the game on G5, the download is screwed=up again. I repaired permissions, checked the folders permissions and set them to read & write. I don't know how to make it work.

Any help?

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Can't you just manually download them from like CoD files or some other website with user-posted things?

The Stranger

The Stranger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Something must have got corrupted when reinstalling or applying the patch. I trashed COD:UO, and copied the one I had on the G4 into my G5. and now it works perfectly.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
:whistling: Good to hear! Happy fragging!

}BP{