Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't fix messed up My Pictures folder name.

• Please log in to reply

Yumil

Yumil

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Through a series of misclicks and my bad mouse I managed to somehow rename "My Pictures" to "ra" when about to goto my "Random" pics folder....

So the folder is now named ra and it won't let me set it back to normal...saying it is write protected or could be in use....how in the world did I accidentaly name it "ra" but a second later not be able to put the name back to normal?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download Unlocker from my signature, choose cutom install, tick to add it to send to menu, install with the unlocker assistant option and reboot to safe mode

Change the name of the folder, you should see unlocker assistant, click unlock all or use the drop down menu to select rename

Yumil

Yumil

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Sorry for the delay, I've been too busy to deal with it...

I tried that but it wouldn't let me change it right away, it asked if I wanted to make it change it when I restarted my comp...so I said yes and restarted my comp...then the folder just dissapeared and wouldn't even come back when I used a restore point.

Yumil

Yumil

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hmmm, I have located my pictures...they got moved to some new folder in my Documents and Settings calle "My DocumentsMy Pictures" very odd to me...so I created a folder called My Pictures in my real Documents folder and moved them all there, so they're all back, but its not the real My Pictures folder, jsut one called that.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try this

http://support.micro...kb/555077/en-us

Yumil

Yumil

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Nice
It came back as "ra" again but this time it let me change the name, so I put it to normal and moved my pictures back into there and everythings like it was before, thanks a TON.
:whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know