Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Case Cooling Fans

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
I just bought a radeon 9550 agp vid card, the card itself has a small fan on it. As for my computer case, it has three holes to put 80mm fans on it. One on the front, one on the top, and one on the side aiming at the pci, and agp devices. I have my new video card installed on my motherboard. I have actually had it in my case for about a week now with no 80mm fan on the side of my case pointing at the agp vid card and pci devices.

I know for a fact that video cards get very hot. So I have'nt been using it for more than 10-20 minutes a day because I know I don't have a side fan on my case. The front of my case has an intake fan, and the top of my case has an exhaust.

Is it really important for me to get a 80mm fan for the side of my case pointing at the agp vid card? Should I be buying this like pronto, or is it not something I should worry about for a while?

This is my case by the way...

Posted Image

Edited by superstar, 26 May 2006 - 11:49 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Gooling is good. If you have room for fans, install them. They don't cost much and it is easy to do. Normal cooling flow is intake on the front and side, and exhaust on the back. Buy the fans locally if you can. If not, google search will find a multitude of places on the net where you can by them.