Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running machine through TV

• Please log in to reply

tranzic

tranzic

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Not the best description in a title ever I'm afraid!!!!!!!!!

Basically, I have my OC set up in my office.

What I would like to do is set it up so if I want to I can use the pc whilst sat in the lounge on my LCD TV.

Principle being a keyboard and mouse on my knee, pc still in office, but screen showing on TV

Best advice on how please?

:tazz:

Advertisements

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Well the most obvious solution is to get a wireless keyboard and mouse. Make sure there is a clear area between the mouse and the keyboard so that it can send a signal. If this is not possible then maybe there is a keyboard/mouse out there that does not require a clear shot so to speak of the reciever. Also you could get the all in wonder remote and vid card (limited on what you can do prolly not the best for you). Another option may be get a notebook and use remote desktop. Plug the notebook into the LCD TV and boom there you go. Every situation seems to be on the cashy side. You may have to make some sacrifices. Another problem i see is that you will have to have a cable long enough to connect to the LCD TV in the other room. also if you can get a cable long enough see if you could get a cable for keyboard and mouse. There may be something better idk as you can see i am a newb so i wouldn't know. As far as i know there is nothing that will work ideally unless your lobby is right next to the office. Another option may be simply investing in a new comp for the lobby sorry im not much of a help.....hope you find a good solution. :tazz:

Matt

tranzic

tranzic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Well the most obvious solution is to get a wireless keyboard and mouse.  Make sure there is a clear area between the mouse and the keyboard so that it can send a signal.  If this is not possible then maybe there is a keyboard/mouse out there that does not require a clear shot so to speak of the reciever.  Also you could get the all in wonder remote and vid card (limited on what you can do prolly not the best for you).  Another option may be get a notebook and use remote desktop.  Plug the notebook into the LCD TV and boom there you go.  Every situation seems to be on the cashy side.  You may have to make some sacrifices.  Another problem i see is that you will have to have a cable long enough to connect to the LCD TV in the other room.  also if you can get a cable long enough see if you could get a cable for keyboard and mouse.  There may be something better idk as you can see i am a newb so i wouldn't know.  As far as i know there is nothing that will work ideally unless your lobby is right next to the office.  Another option may be simply investing in a new comp for the lobby sorry im not much of a help.....hope you find a good solution.  :tazz:

Matt

View Post

Thanks Matt mostly backing up what I thought so helpful thanks a lot ;)