Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd/DVD Driver Not Working

• Please log in to reply

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello all,
My cd/dvd driver is not working, im running windows xp and tryed everything to fix it i when to device manger and it said its working all right but its not!!! help!!! must be some thing rwrong as it was working a few days ago!!!
Please help asap!!!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I have three possible fixes depending on what the problem is. Does the drive show up in my computer? If not, try the cd gone patch at http://www.geekstogo...wdetails&f_id=8
The second one is a registry fix wherein you do manually what the cd gone patch does. I suggest the cd gone patch first. The third one is a registry fix that addresses "drive not recordable" and based on the limited information you provided, does not seem to apply here. I interpret "does not work" as meaning not working at all, not "does not record". Try the cd gone patch. Post back with results