Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cant activate windows

• Please log in to reply

jarioguju

jarioguju

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have windows Xp pro and it wont let me activate it. Can anyone help me with this please

Advertisements

Richard John

Richard John

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
If your copy is legit (and you have either the license on paper, or as a sticker on the back of your computer), then phone Microsoft with your product key and they should be able to help you.

If you've copied it off a friend, or downloaded it off the internet, you're unlikely to find help here - go and buy XP, people had to be paid to make it, so what gives you the right to use it without paying for it?

And if it's not legit, and you don't want to pay for it, there's always Linux - www.ubuntu.com

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
do you have the same copy of xp installed on any of your other machines?

jarioguju

jarioguju

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes it keeps poppin up activate windows and i click on it and i still cant

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
when you buy a license of windows xp, it means you are supposed to use that license on 1 computer. when you try to activate it on more than 1 computer, you will have trouble activating it. If you want to use xp on more than 1 machine, you will have to buy another license of xp.

Edited by emery, 27 May 2006 - 08:29 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
See How to Order Additional Licenses for Windows XP Pro Edition

Scroll down and click on: Here's the easiest way to get an additional license!

Ron