Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 sends only in plain text

• Please log in to reply

dloudin

dloudin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently changed from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 and all my mail is sent in plain text with pictures and stationary as attachments. I have looked at every setting in the options menu, I am set to send as HTML and the new email header says HTML, the sent file copy is in HTML but the delivered copy is in plain text. Somewhere between creating the email and sending it is is being converted to plain text.

I have sent the same email from Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express to 4 other computers in every case the Outlook 2003 is received in plain text and the Outlook Express mail is received in HTML

Does anyone have an idea I have looked at every setting and option I can find and nothing helps.

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It could be the recipient can only get plain text, send message with and to your account to see what gives

trotsky

trotsky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem with Outlook 2002. It has been working for some time OK but now only sends messages in plain text. The setting within Options, Mail format is set to HTML, but whenever I send an email it is always received in plain text. The email in the Sent folder is in HTML format.
I can send emails from another PC using same email account POP server etc and they work OK so it is not the ISP.
I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook but this did not fix it. When I had uninstalled the outlook.pst was not deleted so the install saved all my settings.
Anynody Any Ideas :tazz:

trotsky

trotsky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've found a work around. Create a new Profile. Add new email account. Copy existing data from old profile to new profile.