Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 Beta 2

• Please log in to reply

jen147

jen147

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Are you guys advising that we download Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2? I only hesitate because it's not included when I check Windows Updates.

Thanks for any replys!

Advertisements

Four shots of espresso

Four shots of espresso

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm advising a switch to firefox.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
IE7 is in Beta stage, therefore you should not use it on critical systems - such as works computers - because it has the potential to do quite a lot of damage being a beta.

It will not be included on Windows Update for quite a while I reckon.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
As a Micro$oft Beta tester, I would follow Mr. Jones' advice and not use Beta software on your primary machine unless you know how to recover from any problems. I have IE 7.0 on my primary machine (do as I say do, not as I do :whistling: ) and love the heck out of it so far. Some little annoyances, but much better than IE 6.0.

Not saying you would have any problems, but wait until it comes out of beta.

Ron