Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

jet engine 4.0

• Please log in to reply

Zbolts

Zbolts

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am running Window XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I have been using Creative Media Source to rip CDs. I can no longer rip CDs and get the following error.

Your music library is corrupted and cannot be recovered. Media Source will try to create a new music library. This PC Music Library cannot be opened as the database engine is corrupted. Please run the Microsoft Jet Engine 4.0 Service Pack 3 or above that is available at the Microsoft web site.

The latest service pack is 8, but service pack 2 for XP is a newer update.

How do I fix my database engine? Is that really my problem or can it be something else?

Advertisements

Richard John

Richard John

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

The latest service pack is 8, but service pack 2 for XP is a newer update.

Are you sure you're not confusing the Jet Engine service packs with the XP OS service packs?

XP SP2 and Jet Engine SP8 are completely different things.

Zbolts

Zbolts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I tried to install sevice pack 8 for jet engine 4.0, but it said since I have service pack 2 for XP I had the latest updates for jet engine 4.0.