Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crahses to BSOD

• Please log in to reply

narcoti

narcoti

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I know its not a software issue cause I reformatted but here are the error's 0x08E & 0x0A IRQL not less than or equal.

Edited by narcoti, 27 May 2006 - 04:20 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. There is a reference for stop codes BSOD at
http://www.geekstogo...des-t43519.html
Take a look and see if it helps.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G, narcoti

Do these stop errors occur at any particular time? i.e on start up, shut down, running a particular application etc or are they completely random?

Could you also give us your hardware specs please? ie. cpu, ram, video, motherboard etc

narcoti

narcoti

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This happens randomly but most often when trying to play a game.
xp pro sp2
msi p4m800
nvidia fx 5500
640mb ram
40gb hd
integrated sound
cdrw drive
cd drive

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, does your P4 support Hyper-threading? If so, can you try disabling H/T in the bios & see if that makes any difference?

Can you also go into the bios (make sure you have been using the computer continually for at least 30 minutes beforehand), then go to the H/W monitor page in the bios. Let me know what temperatures are reported in there.
Next, go to the Frequency/Voltage page & let me know what the CPU Ratio, CPU/AGP/PCI freq, memory voltage & AGP voltage are set to please.

I'll also need to know what CPU you have (the clock speed & core if possible)

What version of directX are you using?

Can you then download AIDA32 from the link below please :
http://www.majorgeek...ownload181.html

Unzip Aida & run the .exe file (no installation is required). When Aida has started, locate the branch in the left hand pane called 'devices'. Click on it once to select it, then click on the [Report] menu, then [Quick Report - devices]. Save the report as a text file, then attach it to your next post. DO NOT copy & paste the contents in to the post as it will be very long! BTW, there is no 'sensitive' info (eg username, IP etc) in this report, as long as you only do the devices section as instructed, so it's safe to attach it this way.

narcoti

narcoti

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dont have HT technology.
Temps are 29C-30C for cpu.
My cpu multiplyer is (133x19) Right now I am at school so i dont know the other multiplyers. I have taken out one of the ram's because its timings were slower than my 512 timings, so it still crashes so I have elimiinated one of the memmory sticks as being asa problem. I have also taken my gfx card out but I cant start games up now cause it is a crapy intigrated gfx. My cpu is a p4 and the core type i dont remember but its the one that tends to run hotter than the other type it is 2.53ghz fsb is 133 :whistling:. I am using directx9.0 I will try the download thing later as I am at school.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK. I'm going to be away for the weekend (back online Sunday eve) so I'll check on your progress then

Samm