Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MX Duo

• Please log in to reply

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I dont know if this is the right section to post this but i have a problem with my Logitech Mx Duo set keyboard/mouse.

the problem has persisted for awhile now. The mouse and keyboard would work fine when windows boots up. i would then go into a game, for instance counterstrike 1.6 which requires both keyboard and mouse coordination. if i press more then 1 key at a time, my mouse would begin acting really choppy, the courser skipping its way across the screen. needless to say for a game such as CS it is really annoying to have a problem when the mouse does not act like the way it should. after quitting the game, it would now persist in windows.

so my question is is this normal? as in holding 2 keys at once and have ur mouse start skipping when you move it? also say if i press 1,2,3 quickly the mouse would be choppy too.

it feels as if not all the mouse's movement isnt being read. the odd thing is that it would work sometimes, but not others on really a random basis.

i dont know if its a software problem or hardware, so i guess ill start here, any help would really be appreciated.

i have tried reinstalling logitechs software, Itouch and mouseware, but to no avail.

the keyboard and mouse works fine when im not holding down multiple keys, again i have no idea whats going on.

Thank in advance.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you looked for updated software from the logitech site?

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
yes i have the latest iTouch and Mouseware.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click start, all programmes, logitech, mouse settings, have you got these options?

[attachment=8663:attachment]

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I Do NOT have that, i dont have mouse options in the logitech folder.

isnt SetPoint a Logitech Software?

I Only have iTouch and Mouseware installed.
EDIT:when i look up download for the MX duo, it only shows iTouch download, and when i look for the mx700 downloads it only has mouseware,

Edited by xxfntmxx, 27 May 2006 - 08:25 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is, have looked at the site and some of the MX sets use set point

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Question, i looked at the Logitech webpage, SetPoint does apply to many MX series mouses, but im not sure about the MX 700, when i look at the software downloads for the mx700, there is only mouseware.

If i install setpoint will it work with mx700? if so, do i need to uninstall mouseware and iTouch first?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
There is an advanced setting download for the MX 700 which is more likely to work than set point if it isn't listed for the mouse

http://www.logitech....softwareid=6819