Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Oblivion Loading Problem

• Please log in to reply

ViperJ

ViperJ

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi, I just bought the game today, and I just installed it, it said i had a problem with Sonic DLA, so I deleted Sonic DLA, uninstall, and re-install the game.I didn't get the Sonic DLA message again, but still can't get past the opening scene. Can anyone help me out?

My computer is the 8300 Dimension seen here http://www.dealtime...._Computer_D83RL

Here is the message it gives me
"Oblivion has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Any comments would be gladly appreciated.

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
You'll probably need MUCH more video ram than that has. It doesn't say what kind of video adapter you have, but I'll bet that it's not adequate for playing most newer games.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The MINIMUM video memory to run Oblivion is 128MB. Your computer seems to be running onboard graphcis (which won't work) and at half of the minimum (at only 64MB video memory). You may have to upgrade if you want to play Oblivion (unless I'm reading those specs totally wrong.)