Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Locked out of folders in other users profiles..

• Please log in to reply

Jacoberrance

Jacoberrance

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
My profile wont allow me into it.. Keeps telling me it is corrupted.. So I tried to pull the files from that profile to my Admin profile.. No problem. Except ONE folder.. When I try to drag it to my Admin desktop, it says the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jacob\Desktop\music is not accessible.

Access is denied.

Ive tried taking ownership of the file, but when i right click and go to properties, the security tab isnt there, and I have no way to take ownership from there..

Any ideas??? My entire CD collection/music collection is there, which has taken me months to rebuild after having 500+ CD's stolen. I was just about to back it up, when this occured..

HELP!!

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
are u and administrator on the computer? or are you a limited user?

Edited by daniel_c, 27 May 2006 - 11:08 PM.

Jacoberrance

Jacoberrance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Both profiles are set up as administrators...

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Jacoberrance...

If you are using XP Home Edition, you must be logged into the Safe Mode Admin account to have access to the Security tab. Follow the first set of instructions HERE.

wannabe1