Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PHOTOSHOP CS2 INSTALLATION

• Please log in to reply

scrooge

scrooge

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have recently picked up a copy of Adobe Photoshop Cs2 and have attempted to install it. when the progress bar gets to around 99% it reverts back to 0% and then has a blue screen crash. i have concluded that it is not the copy that is fauly as it works on friends systems as well. also, i have noted that my antispyware and other protection are not preventing it as i have tried to install with them turned off.

If anyone can help me, i would be very thankfull as i need this program to complete a course i am studying at the moment.

lastly, when i reboot after the blue screen, the program appears to be installed yet it doesnt come up in add remove and when run, it notifies me that it cannot detect any user information/serial number (even though i put them in during the installation).

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got any CS2 files on the drive?

Use search, include hidden and system files

scrooge

scrooge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok, i tried searching but i found that anything with CS2 in the file file extension came up in my list. eg: macromedia files with UCS2 in the end of the file extension, and also acrobat files. im not sure what i should delete, or more to the point what i should type in order to redifine my search results.

also, when i typed :photoshop CS2, Adobe photoshop, or adobe CS2, different search results came up. i know this is because the search looks for keywords. what im concerned about, is what i should type to find the right files to delete/modify.

If a screen shot is needed, just message me.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look in programme files, it could be in its own folder or in the Adobe folder, if it definitely for CS2, move the folder to My Documents and

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up, click disable all, click apply and reboot, tick do not start the configuration utility when windows loads

Run disc clean up then disc defragmenter then try to install CS2

Start the firewall if you go online to register it

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, put the dot in normal start up, click apply and reboot