Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ActiveX download?

• Please log in to reply

yafim

yafim

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Every time I need activeX to show some page on my IE etc. , instead of downloading it iteself my IE tells me that I need to get activeX.
I'v tried searchign for some sort of activeX pack or w/e online but I havn't found any.
In the Tools --> Option --> Security I checked all activeX concerened boxed with either "Prompt" or "Enable", so I don't understand why I can't use things with ActiveX..

Any help?

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
What is the exact message you get?

yafim

yafim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
This is what i get when i try to do an online virus scan (panda in this case):

Possible causes of this error are:
-Not allowing the application's ActiveX control to be downloaded.
-Problems with the Internet connection.
-The error could be due to a download error or an installation error due to lack of hard disk space, privileges etc.,...

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Firstly, does a yellow bar appear under the address bar when you try to do the scan? If it does, you should click it when it appears and a menu should appear, from which yuo can allow the activeX installation. If it doesn't help, you might want to take a look at this thread, where you can find many kind of possible solutions for your problem. The bottom line of that thread was that a program called "Registry Cleaner Winfixer" caused the problems. If this might be the case, you can try MS' article: 909889 - ActiveX controls may not load as expected in Internet Explorer due to defense in depth changes introduced in cumulative security update 896688 (MS05-052) or reinstallation the system as others had to do (in case of Registry Cleaner problem).

HTH and please post back with any results :-)

yafim

yafim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hmm.. I've tried some of the things that the post mentioned like resetting the IE security settings etc. But it didn't work, that post goes on about reformatting the computer, and I definatly don't wanna do that.

The yellow bar doesn't appear on the top in the antivirus page I talked about, if it had appeared I would have noticed it....

Anyhow, if you have anymore suggestions as to how to solve this activeX anigma, let me know please :whistling: