Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with active content

• Please log in to reply

AlexIT

AlexIT

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello. :blink:

I've got some problems with active content on web-pages browsing with IE6 and Firefox.
Just look at the screens below:

http://img82.imagesh...hproblem5wg.jpg
Just in IE, how can I remowe it?

http://img99.imagesh...pproblem2wk.jpg
In IE and Firefox, I can't use WMP on web-pages.

Can someone help me, please? :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm sure you have the latest activex installed for IE. Do you have the WMP plugin for Firefox?

Which version of WMP are you using? ( Version 11 is out now, but in Beta. )

I'm not too clear on what you are wanting to remove in first image. Second image shows the red x. Check your IE's Internet Options settings for this. Maybe a firewall setting?

Maybe someone else has a better understanding of what you need.

Ron

AlexIT

AlexIT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hi Ron, in the first image - to active the flash content I must click ones bofore on it, I wan't to remowe this.

I'm using WMP10, and I have this problem after system cleaning, I think that I miss some system files...

Edited by AlexIT, 28 May 2006 - 02:02 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry for delay. CableOne still working on Hurricane Katrina damaged cable.

1st image:
You want to remove Flash Content or be able to watch flash content? Still not clear on this.

To see, the required player must be available for each browser. To remove the flash player, you can go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs Utility. I'm sure you know this.

If WMP 10 is not working for you, I would completely uninstall WMP and then reinstall latest version again. This may help IE use WMP. If you uninstall, I would go to Mozilla's site and reinstall the WMP plugin for Firefox.

If anyone else has an idea on this, we could use some help here as I may not be able to get back right away.

Ron

AlexIT

AlexIT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I`ve installed IE7 and WMP11, everything is working fine now. Thanx for useful links.

I think, that this topic can be closed.