Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual screen taskbar .. how to get on bottom of 2 monitors?

• Please log in to reply

Neal2222

Neal2222

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I finally figured out how to get both monitors working at the same time. I have to open a window on one monitor, minimize it and drag it to the 2nd monitor. The taskbar or toolbar (the bar on the bottom of the screen) only appears on one monitor. Questions:
1) How do I get the taskbar or toolbar on both monitors at the same time?
2) Is it possible to be able to open programs on both monitors without having to go through the cureent process of opening on one monitor and dragging to the second in minimized mode and then having to maximize it?
Thank you.
Neal

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...depending on your graphics card (give the make and model and we can research)...if you can CLONE your desktop over onto another monitor instead of extending your desktop....then it would be a clone...as in an exact image of your desktop...so you wouldn't be able t open seperate programs (one on each monitor) by using the start menu on monitor 1 and 2 respectively...as if you click on the start menu...it would open the same start menu on both screens...i think that there are SOME graphix drivers that allow for there to be two seperate start menus (there may also be third party software for it..but i'm not sure)..but we'd need to know what kind you have...the easiest method of having different programs open on diff monitors is your current method (the minimize then drag)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i take that back...here's two links...i'm testing both programs now...the references that i've seen claim the second one is better (and suggested by microsoft)

http://www.mediachan...ee/multimon.htm
http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't even try the first one...it's useless...the second one is much "handier"....you can open a prog on screen one...then right click it and choose "send to monitor two" which will send it right over there....the only thing i don't like about it is that the clock doesn't show on monitor 2 as well...but that's not a big deal...