Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

6 backup CD's to 1 CD

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
ok my Compaq Presario SR1020LA came with windows XP Home SP1 preinstalled. As all user should, i created my 6backup CD's but, what if i need to reinstall windows well, id use the 6CD's. What i want to do is create 1 CD. like the kind you buy, this is because if i want to update my system to SP2 i know a way to do it directly updating the files ona XP CD but i dont think im aable to on 6 backup ones. And of course there are other reasons why i want to do this.

I dont think this is possible, but i would like to make sure. :blink: :whistling:

-OCM770-

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It would literally be impossible to transform the 6 cd backup you made into one cd. Besides, the 6 cd backup you made is like an image of your hard drive and not a normal Windows XP installation CD.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 28 May 2006 - 09:32 AM.

maranatha

maranatha

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

What i want to do is create 1 CD.

It will fit onto 1 DVD, That is what I used.
maranatha

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
True, you could make it fit on one DVD, but you will not be able to slipstream Service Pack 2 or any of the hotfixes/updates into it like you are able to do with a normal Windows XP installation CD, which is what -OCM770- wants to be able to do.

Fenor

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
After a while of searching for answers i found out i could make a bootable CD out of my I386 folder and slipstreaming SP2 onto it, then create a boot.img file and merge both folders and create a .iso file which i should put onto a CD to boot from. Will this work as my computer came with windows preinstalled.
:whistling: :blink: